Kenseido is a Sogo Budo, or comprehensive martial art, that teaches both the assertive and influential methods of self-defense.
At Kenseido, we are committed to building the inner strength and capacity of the student to succeed under any life circumstance in an environment of trust, respect, and dignity.
What We Offer
At Kenseido we have established a place of learning that provides these programs and serves these interests:
- Children's Kenseido - building self-confidence, situational awareness, respect for others, self-control, focus, self-defense and life-skills.
- Pre-Kenseido - developing fine motor-skills and introducing young learners to the skills and organized structure of a classroom environment.
- Children's Ko-Dachi and Sparring - speed, timing, control, sportsmanship, are taught in a lightly-competitive, team building approach that imparts both graceful winning and noble losing character traits.
- Teen Kenseido - building self-confidence, situational awareness, respect for others, self-control, focus, self-defense and life-skills.
- Adult Kenseido - the place where self-defense, authentic budo is learned and Senseis and Shihans are made.
- Special needs Kenseido - providing young people diagnosed with ADHD, Aspergers, or similar, and persons with disabilities, with the same opportunities as everyone else.
- Kendo - the contemporary Japanese art of samurai-based fencing.